I hope everyone is doing well. As you can imagine I have been receiving many emails inquiring on what is happening for Halloween this year. We all know that 2020 has not been a normal year. We’ve had to make many adjustments for the pool season which is going to carry over to Halloween. With that being said OUR main goal should be making this as safe and normal of a Halloween night for the kids. The 2020 plan is as following:
1. There WILL NOT be a party down at the pool this year.
2. I know many feel safe coming down to the pool area because we don’t have lots of traffic. The following will happen down at the pool area:
a. For anyone coming down to the pool parking lot to trunk or treat, I have painted red dots in parking spaces. PLEASE park in the spots that have RED dots. This will promote a social distance atmosphere.
b. People can come down to the pool around 5:00 pm. if you want to eat or visit with people you can. We will bring out some garbage and recycle cans for everyone to dispose of items.
c. Should all the parking spots fill up, please park on the street. Please park on the side across from the pool and don’t park on both sides of Chondra Drive this is for the safety of everyone
d. Adult beverages or treats are welcomed.
e. Trick or Treating will begin around 6:15 pm or 6:30 pm.
f. People should wear masks and social distance – PBRA will not be policing this, we are all adults.
g. For those trick or treating, everyone will go in one direction. Starting at the parking lot you go right past the playground (south on Chondra) and then come down. We should all stay to the right on the street and in the cul-de-sacs.
h. For houses who want to participate and give out candy you might want to set up a table at the end of the drive way or at the edge of a yard so kids can grab and go while continuing to social distance instead of door-to-door crowds.
i. Houses can create individually wrapped goodie bags instead of having bowls where candy can be touched by multiple hands.
3. Anyone who has ANY symptoms of COVID-19 should not be participating.
4. In keeping with the following the guidelines we had for the pool season, everyone who participates should bring sanitizing supplies such as cleaners, wipes and/or hand sanitizer.
5. Everyone should use their own best judgment. PBRA assumes NO responsibility for decisions made by its members and non-members who are trick or treating regarding potential exposure, etc.
6. Please make sure that you clean up your area before you leave for the night.
The weather forecast looks great for Saturday. Should you have any questions please let me know.