- Use Facility At Your Own Risk: As always, our PBRA pool facility is to be used at your own risk. As everyone is aware, we are in the midst of a global pandemic due to COVID-19 which is an extremely contagious disease and has exposure risks in any public place where groups of people are present. The pool will be open as usual with precautionary measures put into place, but with the situation being what it is, everyone should use their own best judgment. PBRA assumes NO responsibility for decisions made by its members regarding attendance, potential exposure, etc.
• At this time our membership is only open to Piedmont Bend residents and past members who live outside of Piedmont Bend. We are currently on hold for accepting new members from neighborhoods who ARE NOT opening their pool this year. Please check with the President after June 16th.
• Every member MUST sign a liability waiver prior to entering the pool area for the first time this season. This is NOT optional. Anyone who does not sign the waiver, which will be sent soon by separate email, will not be allowed access to the pool until the waiver is completed and returned to Debbie Lindsey, PBRA President. No exceptions. Download the waiver here.
- Anyone who has ANY symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from entering the pool area. These symptoms include, but are not limited to:
•A fever above 100
•Shortness of breath
•Loss of taste or smell
PBRA Board members may request temperature checks of ANY member at ANY time. If a member is found to be at the pool with a temperature over 100, that member (any any family with them) will be asked to leave and will not be able to return for a minimum of 14 days.
You must contact the PBRA Board President immediately to report any positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and indicate the date and approximate time the facility was used by that person or persons. In respect of the health and well being of ALL members, please be diligent in reporting any known exposures OR positive diagnoses to our PBRA President. If you have an exposure OR a positive diagnoses, no one in the household will be able to enter the pool deck until you have medical clearance from a physician. Again, this is for the safety and well-being of everyone.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRED: Members are required to maintain social distancing of 6 ft minimum for all individuals not in your immediate household. PBRA Board Members may ask Members to separate if gathered with non-immediate family members AND if this is not complied with, members will be asked to leave.
•Social distancing is also required in the actual pool itself. Parents will need to make sure that children are following this as well.
•We are using all the tables and 35 lounge chairs this year. The number of lounge chairs has decreased because 13 of them are broken and cannot be used due to simple wear and tear and suntan lotions that have weaken the straps. We have grouped chairs by 2 or even 3 and have put them 6 ft apart from each grouping and tables.
•All lounge chairs/groups and tables have had their places marked on the cement with black paint.
•We understand that you may have to move some chairs to accommodate the size of your family but YOU MUST return the chairs to their original spot (to the marks on the cement) when you leave.
•BIG CHANGE: To accommodate as many families to have the opportunity to enjoy the pool during these unique times, we cannot have families take up multiple spots on the pool deck. In the past a family could take up some chairs and a table. This cannot be the case this year. Each immediate family may only take up ONE designated socially distance area as marked on the pool deck. Do NOT spread out to more than one area per family in order to be respectful to others AND to adhere to the guidelines for social distancing. If we are able to change this as things go, we will, but this has to be followed in the meantime with no exceptions.
- NO GUESTS ALLOWED THIS YEAR: We are only permitting paid members to enter the pool at this time. In the past, we have allowed members to bring guests for a fee, but given the current situation, our pool entry is now limited to paid members ONLY. Anyone violating this will be asked to leave the pool.
- NO PERSONAL ITEMS TO BE LEFT AT THE POOL: No personal items (toys, clothing, floats, shoes and towels) are to be left at the pool when members leave the facility. Anything that is left will be disposed of at the end of each day. Personal items pose a potential risk for contamination, so be sure that you collect all of your belonging with you when you leave the pool area after every visit. (NOTE: Please also clean/disinfect ANY personal items that you bring to the pool to help avoid contamination risks.)
- CLEANING/DISINFECTING RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ON EVERY MEMBER: Each member who enters the pool area is responsible for their own cleaning and disinfecting to help keep the risk of exposure as limited as possible. The following are required of every member/family who enters the pool area:
•Members are REQUIRED to wipe down EVERY chair, table, etc that you use during your time at the pool. This should be done both upon arrival AND before you depart.
•Members are required to provide and use their own disinfectant cleaner, wipes, etc.
•Every member should wash your hands frequently.
PBRA will be receiving additional disinfecting supplies for common areas (such as restrooms) at some point, but each member and family remains responsible for cleaning and disinfecting anything you use at the pool upon arrival and before you leave. Again, be aware that you are entering the pool facility at your own risk and are responsible for cleaning and disinfecting areas that you use. Those who do not adhere to this will be asked to leave.
- NO SOCIAL EVENTS: In the past we have had various social events throughout the pool season, but we will not be able to do that this year. We can also not allow any small gatherings of non-immediate family members at the pool at this time. If things change for the better and we CAN have social events, we will send out invitations, but the plan as of now is that NO social events will be held until further notice.
- NO REFUNDS/PRO-RATED DUES: Once payment has been made no refunds will be issued for the 2020 pool season. We are also not offering any sort of pro-rated dues in the event that a member cannot come to the pool for any reason once dues are paid. Payment is final as of the time it is made.
- POOL CAPACITY: Although we are not having assigned pool visit times for members, please be aware that there are new limits for capacity in keeping with social distancing standards. No more than 70 people will be permitted to be in the pool area at one time. If you do not find an open marked area with chairs (and possibly a table), then we are at capacity and cannot have anyone else inside the pool gates at that time. If you are at the pool and notice that we are at capacity, we ask you to extend courtesy to other members and limit your time to two hours in those instances.
Full and complete compliance with the updated rules and regulations is required of every member. In order to open the pool and keep it open during this time, we absolutely need everyone’s full support and cooperation as we work together to do our best to promote a safe environment for everyone. As long as everyone does their part, we should have another fantastic pool season this summer. We just all have to be diligent and aware so that we stay within health guidelines and keep as safe as possible during this time.